Children’s and Young person’s advocacy supports young people to understand their rights and choices.
Working alongside you, an advocate can help you to feel confident, to speak up and have your say.
An advocate won’t tell you what to do, but will help you to make your own decisions, and support you to share them with others.
An advocate can help you to:
- Tell people what is important to you
- Understand your rights and choices
- Make a complaint
- Access information
- Feel confident to attend your meetings
- Speak to professionals
Children’s and Young Person’s Advocacy in Cumbria
If you’re looking for a Children’s and Young Person’s Advocate, the organisation that provides the support in Cumbria is the National Youth Advocacy Service:
- You can call on 0808 808 1001
- or email email@example.com