Independent Mental Health Advocates (IMHAs) support people to understand their rights under the Mental Health Act.
Fully independent from hospitals and mental health services, IMHAs can support you to participate in decisions about care and treatment.
IMHAs won’t tell you what to do; they will help you decide what you want to do.
An Independent Mental Health Advocate can help you to:
- Understand your rights and choices under the Mental Health Act
- Be involved in decisions that affect you
- Request a review of your section through access to a mental health tribunal
- Be fully involved in your care planning and reviews
Independent Mental Health Advocacy in Teesside
To access Mental Health Advocacy in Teesside, you can contact us by
- phone at 0300 303 8037
- or through our online referral form
Independent Mental Health Advocacy in Cumbria
To access Mental Health Advocacy in Cumbria, please contact Your Voice, Carlisle and Eden Mind:
Find out more, or make an online referral by following the links below.