We are People First. We believe that everyone has a right to be heard; a right to share their experiences and views and to be respected. Helping people speak up and have healthy and happy lives: that’s what we’re all about.
It’s these beliefs that are at the heart of our dedicated Counselling Service, HERE. And we’re looking for people who share these beliefs to join as our new Counsellor & Co-ordinator.
We are seeking a qualified, registered, self-motivated counsellor to join our team. You will work with people referred to ‘HERE’ with a variety of presentations, including Long Covid.
If you think you’d be a good fit, take a look below for more information and apply.
HERE Counsellor & Co-ordinator
Fixed Term (6 months fixed term with the opportunity to become permanent) 37.5hrs per week
Salary: Pro-rata £12,055.20 (FTE £20,092.00)
At People First, we support people to live their best lives. Engaging. Listening. Being there. Within our HERE Counselling Service, we work with a humanistic philosophy – in the belief that people are essentially good with the potential for change in our lives to be ever-present.
In the role of Counsellor and Co-ordinator, you will work with individuals with a variety of presentations, during which, longer-term issues may be revealed. You’ll be assisting with the development of the HERE Counselling Service as well as providing coordination support to the Director of the ERI and HERE.
Your duties would include:
- Providing face to face and remote counselling that is covid-aware.
- Keeping up to date records in accordance with ICO and PF principles and practice.
- Liaising with local community partners to raise the profile of HERE Counselling Services.
- Advertising the HERE Counselling Service and assisting with information for future funding bids.
- Attending local and county-wide fora to ensure HERE has full representation on relevant bodies in conjunction with the Director of ERI.
- Writing reports and gathering data for monitoring purposes.
- Supporting the Director in the development of the project.
Do you feel like this is you? Just follow the information to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
Find out more about the role here:
To apply please complete and submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Interview Date TBC