Self advocacy means speaking up for yourself; it means knowing your rights and being able to make choices that affect your life.
People First have proudly facilitated self advocacy groups for people with learning difficulties across Cumbria for over 30 years.
Self advocacy groups are safe spaces where people can meet others in a friendly environment, learn skills around confidence and how to speak up and have a say.
Self Advocacy Groups can help you to:
- Meet others in a friendly environment who have similar experiences.
- Develop new skills and learn how to speak up for yourself.
- Learn from invited speakers on a range of topics.
- Go on outings with other members in the group.
Find out more, or have a chat with us about joining a group by:
- Calling – Cathy on 07592 041511
- Emailing – email@example.com