RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED & DISCLAIMER
The materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
https://wearepeoplefirst.co.uk is a site operated by People First.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
People First website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. Access and use by you of this site constitutes your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
People First copyright protected material may be reproduced free of charge or copied to others in any format or medium for research, private study or for internal circulation within an organisation. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. You must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Where any of the People First copyright material on this site is being republished or copied to others, the source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.
Permission to reproduce the People First material does not extend to any materials on this site is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors.
Any intellectual property rights including but not limited to copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive so you can continue to use the material you contribute in any lawful way including allowing others to use it.
USE OF THE PEOPLE FIRST LOGO
The People First logo is a registered trademark and is protected under trademark law. The use of the People First logo without permission constitutes an infringement of its trademark.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and whilst we will endeavour to ensure information is up to date we are under no obligation to do so.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time;
- and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
As a consumer you may have legal rights out of a failure by Healthwatch Cumbria to carry out its obligations. Nothing in their terms is intended to limit your rights as a consumer. For further information about your legal rights, you can contact Trading Standards or Citizens Advice Bureau.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the internet.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Although we will endeavour to maintain links to other websites, we cannot guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability or reliability of linked pages.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com
AMENDMENTS OF TERMS
We may make changes to People First, including these terms, at any time. You will be legally bound by the updated or amended terms from the first time that you use People First after we put the changes on-line.
We reserve the right (on behalf of ourselves and any moderator which we may appoint) to edit, not put on the website or delete any posts you submit.
- Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating any content online that you may share with People First.
- Postings should relate to your own personal experience. You should not name any individuals (other than yourself) or include information through which someone else could identify such an individual. If you want to comment on someone else’s experience, (e.g. a relative or someone you care for) then you may do so if you ensure that you are not named in the posting and you state how the other person is connected to you (e.g. “my father”).
- Postings should be relevant to helping people make choices about places where they can receive medical treatment. Postings should be constructive, truthful, and not abusive.
- If you find any postings offensive or objectionable you may make a complaint to the moderator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are legally responsible for the content of any material you submit for posting
- Any comments solicited by service providers or a related party are not permitted. Service providers should never post comments on behalf of patients, their friends or family members.
- Whether you are speaking for yourself, a friend or a family member, do not name the individuals you are talking about. If you are making a comment on another person’s behalf, it is best instead to talk of ”my husband” “my uncle” and so on to protect their privacy.
- To protect your privacy any information you contribute that reveals personal information, such as names, phone numbers, email addresses, twitter handles, addresses and so on will be removed.
- People First reserve the right to refuse comments which advertise a product, breach copyright law, are not in English (if cannot be translated), risk breaking UK law, contain defamatory comments, are abusive or disruptive, are offensive, are off topic, contain personal details, are in contempt of court, contain spam or contain unsustainable links.
- If we are concerned that the author of a posting may be vulnerable, we will take appropriate action to protect that person. This may include signposting the person to an appropriate organisation for support, not publishing the postings or, in the most serious cases, we may contact the appropriate authority.
- You warrant that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory or unlawful in any way and does not infringe anyone else’s rights and complies with these terms. You also hereby warrant that your contribution is made in a personal (and not business) capacity and is not undertaken to further any business interests or for commercial gain.
- You confirm that you have the consent of anyone identifiable from your content and that if they are under the age of 16 you are their parent or guardian.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of England & Wales and any user of the Website hereby agrees to be bound exclusively by the jurisdiction of English courts without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
Current court cases and court injunctions
Contempt of court rules mean you cannot make comments that could prejudice the outcome of a court case or General Medical Council hearing. Comments on something that subsequently becomes the subject of a court case or hearing will also be removed if they risk being in contempt of court. Contributions that break a court injunction will be removed.
Defamation is a complex area. Defamation may occur when someone makes a statement that damages a person’s reputation. In English law you have to prove what you write is true rather than the person you write about proving it is untrue. Posting a comment online is the same as publishing it in a newspaper and can result in a court case if a complaint is made and the risk of legal action for you and People First. The law allows you to post comments containing your honestly held opinion. Knowingly posting untrue statements is against the law. Comments deemed to contain defamatory statements will be removed.
This definition is not to be regarded as a statement of the law nor should it be relied upon to make any judgement as to whether content is potentially defamatory. It is up to you to decide whether to take specific legal advice.
Comments containing threats of public fear, terrorism or threats towards any individual are not permitted. Abusive or disruptive behaviour is also not permitted.
YOUR LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY
You are legally responsible for the content of any material you submit for posting on People First. If People First suffer any loss or damage as a result of your contributions, whether this loss arises as a result of us being subject to legal action or otherwise, you agree to indemnify us for our loss or damage and legal expenses.
These terms do not constitute legal advice.