Motivated? Creative? Tech-savvy? We are seeking a passionate individual to support young people to live their best life. And you could be who we’re looking for.
As a Youth and Community Worker, you would be working with young people aged 10-18 with learning difficulties and/or autism, supporting them to identify, plan and prepare for the journey, they have to face, through childhood and teenage years into adulthood.
If you’re a compassionate and enthusiastic person looking for a new challenge, we’d like to hear from you. Find out more and apply below.
Youth and Community Worker
Fixed-term (until December 2023) 22.5 hrs
Salary: Pro-rata £12,055.20 (FTE £20,092.00)
As a Youth and Community worker, you would be working with young people aged 10-18 with learning difficulties and/or autism, supporting them to identify, plan and prepare for the journey, they have to face, through childhood and teenage years into adulthood.
Your duties would include:
- Planning, booking, and designing a range of face to face and remote interventions, including activities, workshops and one to one support.
- Designing and running workshops that link to specific journeys.
- Recruiting young people to engage in the project.
- Ensuring that parents/carers receive regular, positive and helpful feedback on their child/young person’s activities.
- Writing reports and gathering data for monitoring purposes.
- Offering Ad-Hoc support to an Expert by an Experience youth worker (a person with learning difficulties and/or autism), to carry out their role (up to 7.5 hours a week).
- Supporting young people to transition from Journeys to People First’s Self Advocacy Groups.
You will be a flexible team player who can adapt to changes quickly, think on your feet and be more than happy to support other departments when needed.
Sound like your kind of thing? Get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
Find out more about the role here:
To apply please complete and submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Closing Date 9.00 am, Tuesday 4th January 2022