The overall aim of the People First Wellbeing Network is to enable, encourage and support the people of Cumbria who have lived experience of mental health issues, their families and supporters, to become involved and influence the way in which mental health and wellbeing services are planned, commissioned, and provided in Cumbria.
As part of the Best Life Wellbeing Network we have set up the Cumbria Mental Health Service User and Carer Forum.
The People First Wellbeing Network exists so that we can listen and engage with people to gather their views, thoughts and experiences around Mental Heath Issues or Mental Health Services. The information we gather is used to inform change and improvement to services.
The Cumbria Mental Health Service User and Carer Forum works with the Cumbria Mental Health Partnership Group to oversee the delivery of the Cumbria Mental Health Strategy, and to ensure that the people of Cumbria have the right services and support for people with mental health problems, their families and carers.
- To provide feedback to the Cumbria Mental Health Partnership Group about the current experiences of those using mental health services in Cumbria.
- To work with the Cumbria Mental Health Partnership Group to oversee the development, implementation and continuous review of the Cumbria Mental Health Strategy.
- To work with the Cumbria Mental Health Partnership Group to ensure national policies and best practice are delivered across all providers of mental health services.
- To work with the Cumbria Mental Health Partnership Group to help identify the priorities for improvement.
- Provide opportunities for mental health service users, carers and families to have a voice and be listened to, liaising with, and influencing CPFT and Cumbria Provider Forum
- The agenda of the Cumbria Mental Health Service User and Carer Forum will be informed by the work of the Cumbria Mental Health Partnership Group.
- To respond to, and act on, issues of specific concern expressed by Forum members with the appropriate provider.
- To ensure that the views expressed by, and on behalf of, the Forum have been discussed and agreed by the Forum
If you are a Mental Health Service User or Carer and would like to find out more information on how to be part of the Forum then please contact Elaine Ralph – email@example.com or telephone 01228 550696.